Feb 10, 2011

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez Doesn't Care If Manchester United Fans Boo Him

Manchester City's star striker Carlos Tevez has said that any boos aimed at him in the Manchester derby at Old Trafford on Saturday will not bother him.

City take on Tevez's former team Manchester United in a match that could have a bearing on the destination of the Premier League title this season, with the visitors sitting in third place just five points behind their fierce rivals, who have a game in hand.

Tevez, who upset United fans when he moved to Manchester City in 2009, told the Daily Mirror: "I don't care if people boo me. It doesn't bother me and I'm not worried about going there.

"There was much booing last year, but I understand.

"As a supporter, you will defend your club and I play for the opposing team now."

Tevez was a hero to United fans throughout his two-year spell at Old Trafford for his all-action attitude and he is proving just as popular with City fans, having scored 20 goals already this season in their push for the title.

He added: "United fans can't say that I didn't give everything when I was there.

"Maybe some United fans still don't understand why I left.

"But I'm a professional footballer and being booed is a price I must pay sometimes. It doesn't affect me at all."

Source: Goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment